XP-Pen Artist 16 Pro comes at an affordable price, and it comes with lots of cool stuff that beats a lot of expensive pills in the market. It is one of the best drawing tablet out there that has a lot of goodies to beat the rest.
The Ultimate Secret Of XP-PEN ARTIST 16 PRO REVIEW
In this XP-Pen Artist 16 Pro Review, I will be telling everyone how good or bad this tablet is, as well as how well it works for people like digital artists of all levels. Let us XP pen artist 16 review cover the main points of the tablet and see what you get in the box.
It is 16inch wide and 10-inch diameter in size. It also has a resolution of 1920×1080. Which means it is 4K HD. It also has 8 Express Keys in it. The response time of the tablet is 14ms, which means it is a reasonably fast tablet. It has HDMI cables on it, along with other accessories.
- This tablet has two pen displays on it, and a higher quality display compared to its first two versions. It also has more colors in it.
- It also has its coating to reduce the glare in it. This means that you can use your work under a bright light or high sunlight.
- This tablet also has an HD display of 1920×1080 that comes with a rechargeable pen with some sensitivity pressure.
- There is also a display adapter in case the computer does not have an HDMI port which is rather convenient for a beginner.
- The tablet also has its stand on it, so there is no need for assembly.
- The tablet is also lightweight and one of the things I noticed when I opened the box. It is lighter than expected.
- It also has 8 Express Keys on the front that is easily programmable by the internal software of the tablet.
- I found that XP-Pen Artist 15.6 Pro review have all the system settings were easily changed, but the original settings were natural to change.
- I rely on the hotkeys for digital painting, and I found that it was highly useful. They also help to organize the workflow, and it is straightforward so that I don’t need to switch to and fro between the tablet and keyboard.
- The Express Keys are easily accessible on the tablet surface and easy to use. At first, I thought the buttons would be easy, but this is just not the case.
- The best Express Keys make no noise when your fingers lie on them, and it feels good to use when you are working. There are buttons in the middle that the fingers can easily access without taking eyes of your documents.
The setup process is simple and hassles free. In the box, there is a flash xp pen artist 16 drivers that are used to install all drivers needed for the installation.
There is also an XP pen artist 16 Pro has updated their installation drivers for this tablet. This means that the product is up to date.
I plugged in the power cord and the HDMI cable and connected the device to the Windows computer. The OS of my pc is Windows 10.
If you had an old driver installed, you would need to uninstall a former driver and install a new driver before getting the drivers to work. Make sure that the drivers are correctly installed.
The Drawing Pen
After installing the right drivers, the configuration for the resolution and tablet was set up. The pen was also calibrated the right away. After that, I opened Photoshop to try out the pen, and the device and everything worked fine!
The pen is responsive and the pressure sensed is high for this product. It also has two buttons on its side, and it is rechargeable by charging.
There is no indicator of how high the battery level is on the pen, but the pen can go for weeks or a more extended period without the need to recharge.
I use this pen every day, and the pen still isn’t flat on me yet.
There are two pens with two USB chargers in the box. If one dies, I can always use one for backup.
Drawing on the tablet is a pleasant experience. The matte coating has a slight texture feeling to the surface that it feels like drawing on glass. Smooth to the feel and it is good news.
There is a small bit of resistance when you glide the pen over the surface and creates a unique drawing experience. However, if you dislike the matte feel when you are drawing across the surface, it is alright, the coating is removable.
In some tablets, the pressure isn’t evenly divided along with the product. XP pen tablet doesn’t have this issue.
What we like
- This model has a beautiful HD display with high color accuracy. This is a bonus to artists that want to print their work. Comic artists or hobbyist should also find this. I was delighted with the color clarity. Making sure that all my end products are perfect and vibrant in color.
- The installation is super easy and straightforward. There is a flash disk in the box to get all drivers properly working.
- There are options for customization like color, contrast or others.
- The software provided lets the user have control over the sensitivity or the calibration of the en etc. It only takes a few minutes to tweak and get what I want to.
- XP-Pen also has proper support for their devices, and the drivers are always up to date.
- The tablet is light, and it comes with an adjustable stand making it easy to turn into a desktop.
What we didn’t like
- It is annoying to some people that want to use a simple interface but end up with multiple menus for the parallax.
- The calibration goes off on the edge of the monitor.
- The tablet is wobbly when you draw it on a stand. Even worse when you use Express Keys.
This XP-Pen Artist 16 Pro Review is overall a right product. It has a high color level, and the experience is better than expected. It also comes in a sleek design and feels good. If you are willing to XP-Pen Artist 16 Pro Tablet overlook the small issues that come along with this tablet, you can go for this device.